Complimentary Webinar: Challenges and Opportunities when Opening an Office-Based Lab When: October 1, 2020 | 12pm-1pm Eastern
An expert panel discusses the challenges of starting an OBL business. This webinar will cover OBL best practices as well as legal implications, software recommendations, billing strategies and more. If you are considering opening an OBL or ASC (or a hybrid), this webinar is critical viewing for you.
This discussion is comprised of a panel of industry-leading experts:
Amanda L. Waesch
Amanda operates a national healthcare practice at Brennan Manna Diamond, a full service law firm. Her practice focus is primarily healthcare, employment law, corporate law, and healthcare litigation and advises all types of employers, in particular healthcare providers, including, hospitals and physicians, on various matters.
Tara Vail Tara is the Chief Operating Officer of HST Pathways, the top-ranked software solutions company for the ambulatory surgery center (ASC) industry. As COO, Vail is responsible for training, support, marketing and product management. She has deep expertise in helping healthcare organizations leverage information technology to improve operational efficiency and optimize revenue cycle management.
Ginny Martin Ginny operates Ginny Martin & Associates Consulting and is an experienced consultant with a demonstrated history of success in hospital and independent health care environments. Ginny is skilled in Transitional Management, Healthcare Operations, Strategic Planning, Managed Care, Start-ups, and Revenue Cycle Management.
John Adams John is a Senior Director at The Business Side, Inc. a premier medical billing services firm focused on OBLs, ASCs and private practices. John has more than 20 years of revenue cycle management and medical billing expertise and helping clients maximize their revenue teams.
Attendees of the webinar will learn:
- The 3 business models and the value of integration: OBL, Cardio ASC, and Hybrid OBL/ASC
- How to form a legally-compliant OBL structure
- The right way to approach licensure, accreditation, and certification (federal and state)
- Point of service contracting
- Best practices billing procedures and how to get paid quickly for services provided
- Cardio clinical solutions versus billing solutions
- Unique aspects of OBL Billing and Payer Contracting to maximize reimbursement
- Interfacing with hemodynamic monitoring devices and what you need to know
Who Should Attend All Physician owners or entrepreneurs who are considering opening an OBL or OBL/ASC hybrid business. Even if you’ve recently opened one, you will learn a lot from this webinar.